Your Exclusive Buyer Agent
A successful purchase starts with the right representative. In fact, once you’ve selected the best agent to represent you, it is likely that he or she can recommend other professionals to join your team, taking more of the responsibility off of your shoulders. An Exclusive Buyer Agent is the absolute best option you have, and Sutton Homes Realty excels as Exclusive Buyer's Agents. If the agent you are considering (or their office) carries listings, they are not Exclusive Buyer Agents.
A bank is not just a bank. Having the right backer can be extremely important – it is your money we’re talking about after all! Make sure that your lender and financial representative is someone with whom you feel comfortable, and be wary of any lender who promises you more than you think you can reasonably afford. Your lenders may or may not require an independent appraisal, and typically will make arrangements for the appraisal themselves.
Title Company Escrow Officer
Essentially the impartial middlemen of your transaction, the escrow officer performs the title search, and the deposits for all money and documents pertaining to the transaction on behalf of the Buyer, Seller and Lender. Because they deal with all aspects of Real Estate transactions, it is essential to choose a reputable title company who can perform the duties efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner. Typically the Sellers make the choice, but the Buyer and Buyer's Agent can express their opinion. Escrow officers are also a wealth of information due to their expertise and knowledge in Real Estate transactions.
No home inspection is 100% guaranteed, but a few hundred dollars to catch a major problem now is certainly better than many thousands to correct that ‘surprise’ down the road. Ask your agent for a recommendation.
Planning some renovations? You’re not the only one! The home renovation industry is booming, and in some markets, booking a contractor must be done months in advance (that’s a long time to go without a kitchen). Don’t let finding the right contractor slip through the cracks – planning ahead will almost certainly make your renovation smoother, and you contractor will appreciate the advance notice.
1. Find the right representativeEven if you’re not quite ready to buy, your buyer’s agent can be an absolute wealth of information, and can often offer ‘scoops’ on local developments you might not have know about otherwise. Speak to your agent first and he or she can be helping to guide you right from the start.
2. Find out what your price range isOnline mortgage calculators are a good place to start, but as you get closer to being ready to buy, there is no substitute for a written mortgage pre-approval. Just speaking to your lender is an extremely worthwhile venture – this is the only way to really get an in-depth picture of your overall financial picture and to discover exactly what you can reasonably afford to spend on a home (and possibly on renovating).
3. Find out what your local market looks likeThe internet can be incredibly valuable in doing preparatory research. Start with your agent – he or she can direct you to valuable resources and immediately start e-mailing you real estate listings that may interest you (or at least give you a better idea of what your needs and wants are).
4. Find out what your true needs and wants areCompose a needs/wants list that takes into consideration your local market conditions, your price range, and the advice of your real estate agent.
5. Find your dream home!Once you’re ready to act, you may be surprised by how quickly you can make a decision. Armed with your pre-approval, a little market knowledge, and your needs/wants list, call your real estate agent, hit the pavement, and when you see ‘the house’, put in an offer.
With the right team behind you, it really can be that easy!
Let us help you find out what you can afford! Our mortgage calculator will help you determine loan amounts, mortgage qualification, or whether you should be renting or buying.
Complete the fields below (e.g., Cost of Home, Down Payment, Monthly Income) and click Calculate Now. To view the different results of your calculation, click on the various tabs. To mail yourself a copy of your results, click the Receive this Detailed Analysis link.